CAREERS AT DAYLIGHT FOODS
We're headquartered at the entrance of the Silicon Valley, Milpitas!
Email your resume to HR@daylightfoods.com or call (408) 284-7300.
APPLY IN PERSON: MONDAY through FRIDAY | 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
660 Vista Way Milpitas, CA 95035
Now Hiring: Delivery Driver
At Daylight Foods our mission is to make lives better by providing healthy, local, and safe food. By joining our team, our delivery drivers are a key component to achieving our mission. You will be directly involved in feeding thousands of children healthy local and safe produce that otherwise may not be available to them. You will be responsible for delivering food products to our various customers. This requires using excellent customer service skills. We deliver locally, so you will be home evenings and Sundays.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Make deliveries on assigned routes within predetermined delivery windows.
- Perform pre-trip and post-trip responsibilities in accordance with Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations and Daylight Foods policies and procedures.
- Complete Department of Transportation (DOT) logs (electronic or manual as required), company vehicle maintenance reports and reconcile with appropriate company representative as required.
- Must be 21+ years of age
- Valid Class A or B Commercial Driver’s License or Class C with a “clean” driving record (Including: no DUI)
- 2 year commercial driving experience
- Able to read, write and communicate in English as it relates to the job and to the safety regulations.
- Must pass pre-employment testing (Drug Screen, Background Check)
Required license or certification:
- Commercial Driver’s License
Class A and B drivers salary range is between $2100-2500 biweekly
Night Crew: Starting time ranges from 5:00pm to 6:00pm
Work day : Sunday to Friday (off on Saturdays and one week day)
Essential Duties :
- Physically pulls orders from the cooler and freezer using pallet jack or forklift.
- Verifies accuracy against of orders.
- Marks boxes/pallets for route and stop designation.
- Re-boxing of product.
- Wraps pallets by hand to insure stability.
- Restock and put product away carefully and safely in the cooler and freezer.
- Operates forklifts and mechanical jacks throughout the plant constantly in a safe manner.
- Complies with all safety regulations and standards.
- Responsible for the cleanliness of all cooler, freezer and dry storage areas.
- Responsible for participating in monthly inventory as required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- The employee may be required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk and hear. The employee may have to lift up to 80 pounds. Specific vision abilities that may be required by this job include close vision and distance vision
Full Time $15/ hr + Incentives
Entry level – WILL TRAIN!
- Include but not limited to: Cutting fruits & vegetables
Essential Job Functions:
- Must be able to regularly lift and or move 50 pounds or more.
- Repeated bending, reaching, twisting and stooping;
- Stand/walk up to 8 hours per shift; kneel/ squat occasionally
- Work in refrigerated warehouse
- Frequent overtime
Full-time +overtime Sunday – Friday (5 days)
Salary Based on Experience:
To apply please email your resume to HR@daylightfoods.com or call (408) 284-7300.
APPLY IN PERSON MONDAY – FRIDAY 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
660 Vista Way Milpitas, CA 95035